Five things to know from what happened in the world of sport. March 1-8, 2021.
- Shields wins again. Claressa Shields (USA) continues to increase her incredible record that make her be within the discussion of the greatest female boxers of all time. This week she successfully defended her unified World Super Welterweight Title once again, by winning Marie Eve Dicaire (CAN) with an Unanimous Decision. (BBC)
- A DeChambeau weekend. Bryson DeChambeau (USA) won the PGA’s Arnold Palmer Invitational again using his monstrous drives, one week before THE PLAYERS Championship. (Check The PGA’s Power Rankings for THE PLAYERS)
- Mixed Ski Cross. Tiril Eckhoff (NOR) won her fifth Sprint race at the Biathlon World Cup, by taking the 7.5 km race at Nove Mesto na Morvie (CZE). She also won the 10 km Pursuit. Watch the highlights (IBU)
- Shiffrin’s 45th. Mikaela Shiffrin (USA) won her 45th Alpine Skiing World Cup gold by beating Petra Vlhová (CZE) in the Jasná (SLO) Slalom. Vlohá won the Giant Slalom, where Shiffrin placed 3rd. Watch her gold run (FIS)
- Team LeBron. LeBron James (USA) was not very excited about the NBA’s All Star Game but his team won anyway, with Giannis Antetokounmpo (GRC) taking the MVP honors. Domantas Sabonis (LTU) won the Skills Challenge, Stephen Curry (USA) the Three Point Contest and Anfernee Simons (USA) the Slam Dunk Contest. Watch the highlights (NBA)