Champion Astros, more motorsport Champions, Caroline Garcia, etc.
- Astros. The Houston Astros won their second Major League Baseball World Series, by beating the Philadelphia Phillies 4-2. This was the first World Series with a no-hitter since Don Larsen’s (USA) perfect game in 1956. Cristian Javier (DOM), Bryan Abreu (DOM), Rafael Montero (DOM), and Ryan Pressly (USA) combined for the third post-season no-hitter in MLB history.
- More Champions. Another weekend with more motorsport Champions. Francesco Bagnaia (ITA, Ducati) was crowned MotoGP World Champion with only a 9th place in Valencia. In NASCAR, Joey Logano (USA) won the season finale in Phoenix to secure the Championship for him and Team Penske, who were also IndyCar Champions this year. The Charlotte dirt track closed several season as well. Brad Sweet (USA) won the World of Outlaws Sprint Car Championship again, while Dennis Erb Jr. (USA) won the Late Models version. Matt Sheppard (USA) won the Super DIRTcar Series title.
- LOL. DRX (KOR won the League of Legends World Championship after defeating T1 (KOR) 3–2 in the final series. This was the first international title won by DRX, as well as the first by a play-in team.
- Artistic Gymnastics. Both the United States of America and the People’s Republic of China had three gold medals at the Artistic Gymnastics World Championship but the US finished ahead with more silver medals. USA won the women’s team competition while China won the men’s. Rebeca Andrade (BRA) won the women’s all-around, and Daiki Hashimoto (JPN) the men’s, just as in the Tokyo Olympic Games.
- Caroline Garcia is the Champion. Caroline Garcia (FRA) won the WTA Finals in Fort Worth (Texas). She came from the sixth seed to beat Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) in two sets. Veronika Kudermetova (RUS) and Elise Mertens (BEL) won the Doubles, beating first seeded Barbora Krejčíková and Kateřina Siniaková (CZE).