Five things to know from what happened in the world of sport. February 2-8, 2021.
- Perfect Dominicana. The Dominican Republic is not the first team to win the Caribbean World Series (Baseball) unbeaten, but they are the first to do so with a 7-0 record, by beating Puerto Rico in the Final. In another bat and ball sport, the Sydney Sixers beat the Perth Scorchers to take their second Cricket Big Bash League title in a row (Watch – cricket.com.au)
- Three year comeback and double wins. Danielle Scott (AUS) made an impressive comeback by taking the FIS Aerials Ski World Cup in Deer Valley, three years after her last competition! Also, several skiers won two World Cup golds during the weekend: Halvor Egner Granerud (NOR) and Sara Takanashi (JPN) in Ski Jumping, Mikael Kingsbury (CAN) in Freestyle Skiing, Vinzenz Geiger (DEU) in Nordic Combined and Dmitry Loginov (RUS) in Alpine Snowboard. (Watch Scott’s gold run – FIS)
- Russia wins the ATP Cup. Daniil Medvedev (RUS) is unstoppable. He has three tournaments and fourteen consecutive games triumphing, after winning the ATP Cup with the Russian team (Andrey Rublev, Evgeny Donskoy and Aslan Karatsev), by defeating Italy. Watch the Final Highlights – Tennis TV)
- Intercontinental Champions. Hereda San Pablo Burgos (ESP) defeated Quimsa (AGR) 73-82 to win the FIBA Intercontinental Cup of Basketball. They were dominant throughout the game.(Watch the highlights – FIBA)
- Roczen again. Ken Roczen (DEU) achieved his third consecutive victory in the AMA / World Supercross Championship this year, all three in Indianapolis. (Watch the Round 6 highlights – AMA Supercross)